Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Halloween Dollar Spot Fun Finds!

Are you addicted to the dollar store and Target's dollar spot like I am?!  My favorite time of the year to browse these stores is Halloween time!!  I went yesterday to Target and look at what I got!!!!
As you can see above, for $4, I got Halloween BINGO, a pumpkin face felt kit, and fun jack-o-lantern mini tin buckets!!  How do I plan on using these?!!?

Halloween BINGO:
  • Building Halloween vocabulary
  • Turn taking
  • Teaching and practicing game "social vocabulary"
  • Prepositions
  • Matching/Same/Different
Pumpkin Face:
I got this specifically for one student but I may go back and get enough for a whole class which I push into.  They had a ton of variety: pirates, witches, and other silly faces.  I went for the plain face since it will benefit the student I have in mind.  I plan on going to the grocery store and getting a mini pumpkin to decorate!  If I cannot, I will laminate a picture of a pumpkin and put Velcro on the back of the felt pieces!  What goals can I address with this felt kit:
  • Describing textures
  • Face/pumpkin/jack-o-lantern vocabulary
  • 5 senses vocabulary
  • Following directions
  • Can use as a follow-up activity for MANY pumpkin/jack-o-lantern stories/books
  • Compare/contrast pumpkin and jack-o-lantern
Buckets:
  • Can use while participating in a "pretend" trick or treating
  • Following directions
  • Sorting activities
  • Prepositions
  • Can hold game pieces so students don't fidget
As you can tell, for $4 I have TONS of lessons planned for the weeks leading up to Halloween!  I am so excited!  Have you found any fun finds lately?!  Want to see what other SLP bloggers have found?!  Click HERE to visit Teach Speech 365's linky party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment