Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Reviewing Curriculum Vocab w/ Angry Birds!

My older students are busy taking finals. BOO!  While I am trying to keep my therapy sessions "light" and stress-free, I am also trying to help them be as prepared as possible!


 I took out my Academic Vocabulary Cards Hot Dots.  These are amazing for those not fully familiar with the academic vocabulary.  The cards are divided by subject: ELA, Social Studies, Science, and Math.  Each card is a different topic/concept.  I sorted out all of the ones which applied to my student's exams.
 I also found a fun Angry Birds stuffed toy on Amazon!  I grabbed my timer app (note the no service in my classroom lol).  My students had fun passing the Angry Bird around the table from student to student.  When the timer went off, the student that was holding the Angry Bird had to answer a question using Hot Dots!  We had so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment