Thursday, April 25, 2013

DIY Tissue Box Sort!

Do you go through tissues quickly like I do in your therapy room?!  Do you wish you can make use of the empty boxes?!  Well, I decided to be "crafty" today and make my empty tissue box pretty and useful!
I took the empty tissue box and wrapped it with my fun, decorative tape.  Then I took 4 library pockets that I got at Staples and taped one to each side.  DONE!!

How can I use this!?  I can take any sorting activity that has up to 4 categories and put the pieces inside the box and have students place them into the correct category.  I may even put some Velcro on each pocket to easy attach the labels!

What sorting activities do I plan to use this with?

  • My wh- question answer sort from my Wh- Question Train
  • Sorting base words to their prefixes in my Wild Word Fun: Prefixes
  • Category sorting
  • "Words are dead" activities for teaching fun synonyms of "boring" words
  • Placement of target articulation sounds in words
  • and so much more!!!!
I cannot wait to start using my new sorting box!!  Have you tried this yet?!  If so, what have you sorted with it? If not, do you plan on using it?!  How!?  I would love to hear your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment