Friday, November 9, 2012

Hurricane Materials

Today was my first day pulling speech groups after this CRAZY two weeks of dealing with Hurricane Sandy's aftermath.  So many students had questions and stories to share.  I grabbed all the resources I could find to address my speech and language goals while still able to create an environment where my students felt comfortable to share and express themselves.  I put together a packet of resources and materials I used that many other SLPs in the Tri-State area may find useful.  I am sure other states are talking about it as well since it is over the news.  You may find these materials useful as well.

In this FREEBIE packet, you will find a list of links to websites where I grabbed some reading comprehension materials and worksheets that are ready to use and great for addressing context clues, inferencing, and answering wh- questions.

I also provided a list of vocabulary words that you can use to teach your students about this topic.

Activities related to speech-language goals:


This freebie is available at my TpT store.  I hope you find this useful as you elicit conversations and plan to get back to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment