Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hannah Montana - Reading Comprehension


This is my last worksheet. I've prepared it for my elder students (4th grade). I wanted to see how far could they go with real texts in english.
The topic they are studying is Sports and Habbies so, after teaching vocabulary, singing songs and playing games, I tried to make them do a different task.
The fact that I used Hannah Montana for the text was a great motivation for itself.
I read the text out loud and (always in english) asked questions about the text which they answered very well.
After that I've made the whole True or False exercice with them.
At the end of the lesson I've aked the students to put hands up if they thought the text was easy to understand. I got 90 % of votes which makes me think I'll start using simple texts like this more often!!

No comments:

Post a Comment