Saturday, November 1, 2014

Currently November 2014

I was looking at some of our Accelerated Math (AM) print outs and noticed that we are over 25% of the way through with this school year.  I know I should have realized that since we finished the first quarter, but somehow seeing that had a bigger impact. This year is literally FLYING by!  It is already November and that means it is time to link up with Farley for Currently! I am so excited to be her sponsor this month!


Listening: My boys have been elaborately sorting and trading their Halloween candy all day long!  They even paid some taxes to their parents (without even being asked!).

Loving:  I may have bought three new pairs of shoes this week when I went to buy Luke new shoes.  But I NEEDED new boots, ballet flats, and mules, so totally justified - right? LOL!

Thinking: One awesome thing about teaching in Nevada is that we get a day off in honor of Nevada Day - which happened to land on Halloween this year!  Woo Hoo!  Nevada Day is technically October 31st, but they changed it to the last Friday of the month for celebration reasons.  I am loving my much needed three day weekend!

Wanting: As I sit typing this, I am wanting a new office chair.  This one has definitely seen better days!  It is on my Christmas list this year, so hopefully Santa comes through!

Needing: I have a half day sub this week for professional development and I have to prepare lesson plans for it.  Am I the only one who HATES planning for a sub??? Especially on a PD day - it seems like double the work!

Reading: I have been wanting to read Number Talks forever and luckily our admin purchased a book for each grade level to share.  I am the lucky one to have it first!  I will share some ideas I learn when I finish it!

What are you Currently up to?  Link up and share!


No comments:

Post a Comment