Monday, September 22, 2014

Minecraft Multiplication Fun

I don't know about your students, but mine are definitely crazy for all things Minecraft.  They barrage me all day with comments about videos they watch and things they have built.  Capitalizing on the Minecraft mania in my classroom, I made this fun little game to get them to practice their multiplication facts.

Multiplication Fact Fluency - Multiplication Mining Madness

We played today, and just as I hoped, they went mining crazy!  


The object of the game is to earn as many cards as you can during the game.  To earn a card you answer the multiplication fact on it. If you get it right, you get to keep it, if not it goes back in.  BUT... there are a few special cards in there that can really change the game!



Some intense thinking going on!


Laughter and smiles during math time??? Love it!


Some close-ups of the cards:




I LOVE the looks on the faces of the kiddos in the background when they saw we were playing a Minecraft game!  If you want your students to be as excited about math fact practice as mine were, you can find this product at my TpT store using the link below.

Multiplication Fact Fluency - Multiplication Mining Madness











No comments:

Post a Comment