Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Let's Talk About Books! (Linky Party)

Today I decided to join a new linky party!  This one is for BOOKS!!  I know I love to learn about what great books others are using in their classrooms/therapy rooms so I can get ideas for myself and build my already HUGE library.  Click HERE to "jump" back to Mrs. Jump's Class's Blog to see the other educator's book choices.
I decided to share one of my favorite books to use in speech therapy:  Believe Me, Goldilocks Rocks!; The Story of the Three Bears as Told by Baby Bear (Other Side of the Story).  I love to use this book with students grades 2-5! Yes, I said grade 5!  Even some of my 6th graders love it too!  They may make fun and crack some wise comments when I first pull it out but once we start reading/listening, they are at the edges of their seats and are totally enjoying it!!

What skills can I address with this book?


  • compare/contrast
  • vocabulary
  • sequencing
  • predicting
  • comparatives/superlatives
  • recall and answering questions
  • problem/solution
  • cause/effect
  • perspective talking
  • and so much more!!
I love this book so much I created a storybook companion pack for it.  You can find it on TpT by clicking HERE!




No comments:

Post a Comment