Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Target Dollar Spot Fun Finds...and how I plan to use them!!

I finally had the chance to visit my local Target yesterday (1/6/14) and spent wayyyy too long browsing the dollar spot section.  I could have bought IT ALL....but I chose to buy the few things I KNEW how I would use:
I've seen people pinning on Pinterest these cute mailboxes and I was SOOOO excited when I saw them sitting there.  I just grabbed them so fast!!  So if you do the math, I got 3 of the white mailboxes and 1 pink...dollar spot prices...yes I spent less than $5!  SCORE!

How will I use these white mailboxes?  I got 3 of them for several reasons!

  • Sorting past, present, and future verb tenses
  • Sequences beginning, middle, and end
  • Category sorting
  • Sort by noun, verb, and adjective
  • I will put community helpers on each mailbox and have students identify who would get the letters!  Similar to THIS activity.
  • After we read some of our favorite winter storybooks, we will write letters to the different characters or from the different characters!
Can you tell I'm so excited about these mailboxes?!

Now...how will I use this cute pink mailbox?
  • following directions activities
  • teaching prepositions
  • pretend play
  • social skills role playing for writing Valentine's Day cards
  • role playing and teaching going to the post office vocabulary.
  • Reinforcer!  Students can easily put chips into the slot as a reward!
  • I will use it with the following TpT activities: Going to the Post Office & Who Sent the Letter?
I love finding a great deal and being able to use items for a variety of purposes...I think I've succeeded with these finds!  Like I said...I just found them...so run to your local Target now to find them for yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment