Thursday, January 30, 2014

Eye Idioms - Poster

I just found this awesome poster about Idioms on ESLLibrary. I hope it's useful. I'll Keep an eye on that site :)


To feast one's eyes on: To look at something beautiful/amazing.
"Now turn around and feast your eyes on that view".

One's  eyes pop out of one's head: To be shocked or amazed.
"When I told him I was leaving the company, his eyes nearly popped out of his head."

Keep one's eyes peeled: To look for intently.
"Keep your eyes peeled for a parking space."

Out of the corner of one's eye: To catch/see something without really looking for it.
"Out of the corner of my eye I saw something move, I turned to look and saw a little mouse run across the floor."

The apple of one's eye: A person you have great affection for.
"His son is the apple of his eye."

In the blink of an eye: Very quickly.
"The holidays will be over in a blink of an eye."

Eye candy: Someone who is very attractive.
"My friend likes sitting at the bar looking for eye candy."

Red eye: An overnight flight.
"Red eye flights are usually cheaper."

Get some shut eye: To get some sleep.
"I have to get some shut eye, I'm exhausted."

No comments:

Post a Comment