Monday, October 14, 2013

Jack-o-Lantern Object Function Fun! (FREEBIE!)

I have been working hard to teach my students this year how to express present progressive verbs and identify objects by function.  I decided to create a fun and easy to use freebie to address both of these goals!  Who doesn't love pumpkins and jack-o-lanterns?!

This easy to assemble activity can be used for drilling and/or a memory matching game.  You can glue the cards onto card stock or index cards or you can glue them onto construction paper and laminate for safe keeping.  Students can have fun looking for the object and the verb function matches.  I know my students giggle when they get the wrong matches "a vacuum isn't for eating!"  

I encourage my students to use the sentence strip "A ___ is used for ____" once they get a match to get practice expressing in a complete sentence.  This activity contains a cloze sentence worksheet using this sentence strip as a review/homework/way to collect data after the activity to monitor progress.

You can access this FREEBIE in my TpT store by clicking HERE!
Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment