Monday, November 12, 2012

Holiday Language Fun!

This has taken me some time, but I finally put together a collection of activities perfect for the December holidays!
 In this file:

Gingerbread Category Sort: sort the cookies to the correct house.

Gingerbread Describing Sort:  Each gingerbread house has a holiday noun.  Each cookie has an adjective.  Sort the cookies to the noun that can be described by that adjective.

Listening for Details Elves:  Listen to the descriptions to know which elf to color in the coloring page.  Color the elf the color used in the description.

Wh- Question Elves:  Students pick a card and respond to the question on it.  Once they respond, they can hold onto the card.  If the student picks the “Next Stop North Pole” card, they get another turn!  Student with the most cards at the end is the winner!
Polar Express Sequencing:  Sort the sentences into the correct sequence by placing them onto the train page.


Hanukkah Homophones:  Students pick a card and determine which homophone would be used to complete the sentence.  If correct, they can hold onto their card.  Each card has a point value (1-5).  Once all the cards are used, students can add up their points to determine a winner!
I tried to fit receptive and expressive activities into one pack.  I hope you find this comprehensive and useful for a variety of speech groups!  You can access this activity pack at my TpT store!  Let me know what you think!  If you think I missed some skills that you would like to see in a part 2 pack, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment